Held during the SHPE National Convention, the Professionals in STEM Conference offers sessions and workshops to benefit our professional members at every point in their careers, from the early stages, technical expert level, all the way up to the C-suite level and Board of Directors. Throughout these sessions, SHPE seeks to provide a differentiated learning approach to ensure that attendees leave the convention feeling empowered with effective strategies that target communication, workplace integration and style, and career tracking and mapping needed to continue their success as STEM professionals.
The theme for day one of the conference will have the attendees able to answer the following questions: Who am I in the organization? – What is the unique experience of a Hispanic/Latinx in the workforce? Where am I in the organization? – Understanding how to study the attendee’s current position and how it fills into goals of their Manager and beyond. Where do I want to go in the organization? – An understanding of the development skills needed to transcend into the next phase of their career. Day two of the conference tackles How do I achieve where I want to be? – This day will be a deeper dive into the specific strategies in the workplace, and identifying key characteristics and models for the attendee to succeed in moving to the next step in their career goals.
HIGLIGHTED SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Corporate Board Service: Are You Ready? presented by Prospanica & HACR
- Authentic Latino Leadership presented by Korn Ferry & LatinX Institute
- Leading in Corporate America presented by McKinsey & Company
- Innovative & Influential Branding Strategies provided by William Arruda
- Mapping Your Career presented by Fernando Rosario
- Presenting Outside the Box presented by Michelle Hutchinson
- Flash Talks during lunch presented by API and Bechtel